Visit us at 3939 Lancaster Ave. in West Philadelphia. This is our Bicycle Education Hub and the site of all onsite youth and adult programs.
Mel's Community Bike Shop: Stop in to Mel's to learn more about our programs, donate a bike, or purchase a refurbished bike. We also sell basic accessories.
("Winter Hours": October 1 - March 31)
Tuesday - Friday: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Saturdays: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Bike Church open workshop program for adults: During the hours below we open Mel's as a DIY workshop space for the community (18+). Use our tools to fix your bike or buy a bike to repair yourself. We also sell a limited selection of refurbished bikes.
- Tuesdays..............6:30PM - 9:00PM
- Wednesdays* .... 6:30PM - 9:00PM
- Thursdays ...........6:30PM - 9:00PM
- Saturdays.........10:00AM - 2:00PM
* Wednesday Bike Church is open to those identifying as women or trans, which includes all gender identities beyond cisgender, i.e. transgender, genderqueer, nonbinary, genderfluid, and so on.
After-school Youth Programs are by registration only, and occur Monday - Thursday, 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
Youth Drop In is for graduates of our youth programs only, and is Saturdays 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
Want to donate a bike? Read this for info on how to donate.
Our Office Hours (next door at 3943 Lancaster Avenue) are Monday - Friday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
- Youth Bike Education & Empowerment Program
- Ride Club
- Summer Cycling Day Camp
- Drop-In Sessions
- Monthly Group Rides & Events
- Kinetic Sculpture Class
- Cadence Youth Cycling - Team NBW
- Winter Bike Build
- Leadership and Advanced Mechanics
- Bike Church
- Adult Bike Repair Classes
- Community Service Projects