Join the Neighborhood Bike Works Team
Our team is made up of a talented group of individuals who are passionate about bikes, youth, and building community. Join us!
Youth Job Board: At NBW we want to spread the word about job openings, internships, and other personal development opportunities that NBW graduates are qualified for. For that reason, we've created this "Youth Jobs & Resources" listing. Check it out and approach an NBW staff person if you have questions about any of these opportunities. We'll do our best to support you!
More about the benefits we offer to employees:
Medical & Dental Benefits
- Employees can choose from one of several Keystone Health Plan East HMO health insurance plans.
- Employees can receive dental coverage through United Concordia
- We'll help you save for retirement with a Simple IRA. NBW contributes 2% of employees gross pay. Employees can contribute an amount they choose (including $0).
Paid Time Off: Vacation, Personal Time, Holidays, and Leaves of Absence
- We offer 10 paid vacation days to full time first-year employees and pro-rated paid vacation time to Part Time staff.
- Vacation time increases with years of service to NBW
- We offer 9 days of paid Personal Time to full time first-year employees and pro-rated paid Personal Time to Part-Time staff.
- Employees can spend holidays away from their desk and we all take a paid week off to relax and refresh between December 25 and January 1st.
- Employees can elect 2 "floater holidays" each year.
- NBW offers paid parental leave and unpaid leaves of absence to eligible employees
- Steep discounts on bike parts/bikes purchased through major bike parts distributors and NBW's shop.
- Strong karmic returns - teaching and learning alongside youth and community members is fulfilling work.